The purpose of the Binhi At Ani Scholarship Program is to recognize students who have achieved a balance of excellence in academics, leadership and community service.
Amount of Scholarships
For 2023, at least ten $1,000.00 scholarships will be awarded.
from a Maui High School
3.5 on a 4.0 scale
Received no later than March 1, 2023
No email or faxes
Be sure to include app and forms
- Applicant must be a resident of the island of Maui.
- Applicant must be scheduled to graduate in 2023 from a high school on Maui with a cumulative high school grade point average (through the 1st semester of 2021) of at least 3.50 on a 4.00 scale.
- Applicant must complete the application as instructed and provide all required documents by the stated deadline. Failure to follow the instructions will result in your application not being forwarded to the Scholarship Judges.
The Independent Scholarship Judges’ decision will be based on:
- The Applicant’s grade point average (30%)
- The Applicant’s activities, awards, honors, and employment (30%)
- A short essay (30%)
- Two letters of recommendation (10%)
All decisions by the Scholarship Judges are final.
Short Essay Prompt
“What ‘Promote the Bayanihan Spirit’ Means to Me”
Bayanihan translates to “helping one another in a time of need; helping others to achieve a certain goal.”
Mail the completed application and all supporting documents to Binhi at Ani Scholarship Committee, 780 Onehee Avenue, Kahului, HI 96732. Application and all supporting documents must be POSTMARKED or RECEIVED no later than March 1, 2023.
No submissions by electronic mail or fax.